Friday, October 11, 2013

Old School Runescape - The Reason Why I bought Runescape Membership

Is it me or is Old School Runescape just absolutely fantastic? I have been playing on this server for a little under a week now and I am getting all these nostalgic "feels" that only Runescape can bring about. 

I have played old games before and even though they do bring a little bit of nostalgia, especially MMOs, they never really last that long. It's like finding an old toy and going "Oh, I remember this!", playing with it for a few minutes, and then stuffing it back in the attic box where you won't see it for another 5 years.


But with Old School Runescape, it's different. Yes there's a sense of tediousness when it comes to a lot of things like training, mining, fishing, etc., but I find that I'm really enjoying the monotony. The world is also a lot more populated than I thought it would be, and the community is a LOT more friendlier than the community in Runescape 3. I think most of the players are 20-year-old-somethings who grew up from playing Runescape in 2002-2007 and have their own money (so no 12 year olds begging their mums for their credit card), so now they've grown up and, thus, are less douchebagy. Hurray!



Why You Should Join Old School Runescape


If you aren't convinced already from all the good stuff I said above, here are other reasons why you should join OSRS:

  • Friendly and Active Community. Like I said before, you're going to meet a lot of people who are willing to be friends with you. On my first day, in fact, I was given 30K from a complete stranger, and I made 3 friends! That's a whole lot better than the no money, zero friends from my first two weeks of playing Runescape 3.
  • The Wilderness is thriving with activity. That's right - the old wilderness that hasn't been touched since God-knows-when is now thriving with awesome activity. The main wilderness ground is north of Edgeville, however, instead of North Varrock.
  • The economy is a lot more competitive and items are in huge demand. Unlike the Grand Exchange where people can easily monopolize and increase/decrease prices in the market based on supply and demand, the current economy doesn't have a GE so there's a lot less monopolizing going on.
  • The worlds feel a lot more "fuller" than Runescape 3. You see a lot more players roaming around and talking with each other. Runescape 3, on the other hand, even if they do have a lot more players, feels very cold and distance, like a shell of what the game once was.

Runescape 3 stuff that you will NOT see in Old School Runescape

  • Grand Exchange.
  • Dungeoneering.
  • Evolution of Combat (EOC) system.
  • New graphics (all graphics are of the old)

And you can get membership for under $8.00


It costs about $7.95 (if I'm not mistaken) to get one month of Runescape membership. That is honestly the easiest thing ever! What is $7.95, a Big Mac Meal at Mcdonalds? 2 gallons of gas? Facebook credits on Candy Crush Saga? For less than $8.00 you're getting a whole month of fun! So join today! CLICK HERE TO GET MEMBERSHIP.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. old school runescape

    ReplyDelete